A career exploration event for 8th graders preparing students for the workforceand beyond.
Author: Jennie Politano
Published: Thursday, 30 Jan 2020
ALBANY, NY – Junior Achievement of Northeastern New York today announced the inaugural event of Junior Inspire to benefit students of the Capital Region. Junior Inspire will be held at the Albany Capital Center on Tuesday, March 17 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Junior Inspire is a career exploration event that exposes eighth grade students to a wide variety of industries and opportunities through interactive career stations. Approximately 2,000 students from 10 different local schools across the Tri-City Area will be attending the event to participate in experiential hands-on activities provided and led by local companies. The event will increase exposure for students throughout their high school years to learn more about multiple potential career paths.
Vendor opportunities for Junior Inspire are still available for any local companies interested in demonstrating their field of work to Capital Region students. To inquire about getting your company involved in Junior Inspire, please email Jennie Politano at JPolitano@janeny.org or by calling at (518) 783-4336 ext. 11.
- Central Park Middle School (Schenectady)
- Cohoes Middle School
- Hackett Middle School (Albany)
- Johnstown Middle School
- Knickerbacker Middle School (Lansingburgh)
- Mont Pleasant Middle School (Schenectady)
- Oneida Middle School (Schenectady)
- Rensselaer Junior High School
- Troy Middle School
- Watervliet Junior High School
JA Inspire Curriculum
- Pre-Classroom Work
- Session One - Careers and Personality
- Session Two - Industry Research
- Session Three - Do You Have the Skills
- JA Inspire Career Expo
- March 17, Albany Capital Center
- Post-Classroom Work
- Session Four - Reflection